Don't forget...

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my new craft blog! http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

10.18.2008

Engaged

Being engaged SUCKS. Just thought I'd put that out there. I totally understand now why they say to have a long courtship and short engagement. Lets see, we had about a 7 month courtship and 5 month engagement. Yeah, thats way too long (at least in Mormon standards!). We've been engaged exactly 3 months today and to think I still have 2 months left is just a nightmare. If I would have followed typical Mormon standards, we should have been married between December and March, not 2 months from now. Boo.

I don't like saying goodbye to him at night, I can't wait till we can say goodnight and stay together, and come home and see him there and cook for him and just be all cutesy newly weds. :) I just want to be his wife already. I can't believe I almost considered APRIL for our wedding. Holy cow, that wouldn't have been good. I should have gone with my original plan, which was to get October 18 (oh, wait, thats today). Sure I would have had to sell my contract and buy a new place and we would have had like a 2 day honeymoon and missed school and falling behind...but right now it seems worth it. But, I know I'll much prefere a 2 week long honeymoon than a 2 day one!!! I know it'll be so much less hectic to get married in December than in the middle of the semester, but 62 days just seems so far away...

1 comment:

Mark & Rachel said...

I completely understand!! But, Mark and I were apart when we were engaged...and the last 3 months I could only write him because of his Army training. I know its hard, but the end is totally worh it!!!