Don't forget...

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my new craft blog! http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

4.17.2010

Newest Addition to the Sewing Family!

My new sewing table! You will laugh at what I've been doing without one. I've had my sewing machine set on the coffee table in the living room since I got it, and I kneel at the table to sew. Now, how does that work with the foot pedal? Um, yeah, I've been pushing it down with my hand. So actually, I've been sewing one-handed since I got the thing! David laughs whenever he sees me sewing like that. So, we decided to utilize my 50% off coupon from Joanns to get me a sewing table!


This is what it will look like when it's done (it conveniently folds up into the image on the left, SO handy for our little apartment) but for right now it looks like this...

Whadda guy. :) Where did I ever find him?? Notice the explosion of a thousand pieces and all of the equipment. Wow.

I'm so excited. :D I recently finished two scripture cases that I designed myself! I used elements of what I have learned from other bloggers, patterns, and scripture cases that I've owned to make this!

Ta daaaaaaa!!! It even fits the manual. Huzzah! After completing them (I also made one in navy) there are some things I would have changed, but I like it. I feel happy knowing that it's my own work. And I hope their new owners will like them too. :)


Hope you are having a fantastic weekend! Mine has been ok, I got pulled over for the first time in my life today. :( Not a good experience, but it had to come eventually I guess.

No comments: