Don't forget...

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my new craft blog! http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

4.24.2010

Reusable Lunch Sack

Earlier this week I made my darling hubby an apron. He just couldn't be seen wearing one of my "girly aprons," so we went to Joanns and got him some "manly" fabric (picture to come in a later post about patterns.) Luckily, I got a little too much, and I had enough left over to make him a lunch sack to take to school with him.

Now, this is not my own original idea. I have seen a few of these around blogland before, but with the lack of oilcloth around here (seriously, I've checked every store within a 50 mile radius and came up with nothing) I had to improvise. I got some iron on vinyl to make it a little more waterproof and make it so he could wipe it clean. I had so many ideas to make it cute, but, since it needed to be "manly," I stuck to a boxy shape with a simple velcro closure.

I think he likes it, he took to to school with him the next day. :D I think it's funny that the horses are upside down when it's closed because it gets folded over.

I even included a pocked on the inside so it could hold his napkins and silverware (ignore the horribly uneven stitching.)

Yai for sewing experiments! What do you think of it?

Oh...and I thought I'd give you a peek at the prettiest fabric ever. From Wal*Mart. FOR ONE DOLLAR A YARD!! I'm not kidding, this gorgeous fabric for a dollar a yard. I about died. I got the entire rest of the bolt I was so excited.

The picture doesn't do it justice. The background is more of an aqua. I LOVE it. I haven't the slightest clue what to do with it yet but I had to have it.

UPDATE: I linked this post up to the following linky parties.




5 comments:

Nicholette said...

Wow, what a wonderful, reusable idea! That is great. Your hubby is lucky you have you to craft for him! Thanks for linking up to Saturday Spotlights!

Lydia said...

Nice! And very manly.

Rebecca said...

Hi! Thanks for your sweet comment. This is such a great idea! I get through so many plastic bags when I pack the lunches (so expensive and wasteful), so maybe I should make my husband and myself one of these.. Thanks for the idea :)

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

THis is fabulous! I love the pocket on the inside! :)

Anonymous said...

HORSES??? You know what that means. Elisa is going to steal it from him. Real Cute!!!