David and I are moving back to Maryland a week from today. I thought I was excited, I've been dying to leave this place for a while now, but my feelings are starting to change.
Things that suck about Rexburg, Idaho:
- Long, COLD winters with snow from late September until June. There is no such thing as spring. It goes from winter to summer.
- Too small town, population like 16,000 (but if you take out the BYU-Idaho, that number goes down to less than 3,000)
- Too college-y (ok, that has only been a downside since I graduated :P)
- Stupid cops that bust you for ridiculous things (like "failing to yield to a pedestrian" when the pedestrian was clearly letting you go. Grrrrr) Included in this is IDIOT pedestrians that walk out in front of you when there is an inch of ice on the ground and still expect you to stop on a dime. Hello pedestrian, you will lose in a fight with a vehicle.
- Too much sky, I like trees and buildings in the way of my horizons
- It's a desert. This means dry heat (I HATE dry heat, I'd rather melt than fry) and little rain. I love rain and thunderstorms.
Things that I like about Rexburg:
- Everything is cheaper here. Everything! Rent, groceries, fabric, everything. This includes the cheap theater, I loooove the cheap theater.
- Beautiful temple just a few blocks away. I can go whenever I want.
- People I can relate to. There are a lot of young married couples here and it's easy to make friends. I have some great friends out here that I'm really gonna miss.
- Weekend trips to Utah, I love those.
- Except when I freak out about too much sky, it really is gorgeous out here. Especially the sunsets.
- Everything I need (need, not want) is within 5 minutes of my apartment.
- Pita Pit, Wingers, Craigos, and other delicious restaurants.
- So many memories!! I won't even begin to write a list.
Now onto the good news, I have a lot of the apartment packed. :) I was doing it all by myself and it was taking forever so a friend offered to help me. Man oh man, packing is soo much easier with help! I am so grateful to have friends that are willing to help me, it was so wonderful to have help with such an overwhelming task. I left out my sewing machine and a few other crafty things to help keep me sane, but those will be packed up pretty soon.
And now, the biggest news of all DAVID GOT THE INTERNSHIP!!!! Starting in January, he will be interning at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, the biggest accounting firm in the world. The world!!!! I almost can't believe it, I'm so proud of him. :) This is such a huge opportunity for him and for us. He's worked so hard and he really deserves a great internship. I'm so happy that when we move back we won't be hoping he'll get an internship, we know he has one. It's so relieving and so exciting. PWC!