Don't forget...

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my new craft blog! http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

8.23.2010

Creativity

I don't consider myself a creative person. Most of my "good ideas" are inspired by something that I've seen or heard of, and then I personalize it to make it my own. I know half of creativity is inspiration, but I don't ever feel like I have a good idea that I just thought up myself. This doesn't bother me most of the time though (only when I want to open an Etsy shop and realize that I can't because I haven't thought of anything awesome enough to sell), I've still been able to create things that I genuinely liked.

However, lately it feels like there are ideas swimming in my head all the time. I think it's because I barely done any sewing or anything crafty at all since we moved. There are still a lot of things I need to do (finish unpacking the last few boxes and finding a job are the biggies), so I always feel guilty when I want to bust out the sewing machine and/or glue gun, because there are more important things to do. Grrr. I'm thinking about starting an inspiration journal so I can jot everything down when it comes to me and get back to it later. But we'll see, I'm really self conscience about my ideas, I usually shoot them down before anyone ever hears of them. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a three ring binder that i use for ideas. I print out picture online and i cut out articles from magazines and put them in page protectors. Then I don't have a ton of magazines sitting around and it is a quick reference to go back to an idea I know I read somewhere or if I'm itching to find a project to do.

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Um...did you see your cute little brown little lacy little notepad cover??? You are DEF creative. Whether it's because you are inspired by something youve seen or heard or if you dream it up yourself. If you make it with YOUR hands, than YOU are creative.

That's what I believe. I call myself creative...and the "slogan" on my blog is Saw it. Wanted it. Made it. Most of my inspiration comes from things I have seen...whether it's in a magazine, on HGTV, in a friend's house, or some where in the bloggy world...

Just my 2 cents :)

Kara