Don't forget...

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my new craft blog! http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

8.17.2010

Trip to Philly!

Am I boring you with posts about my adventures? I guess I've just been really lucky to be able to go to so many fun places lately! Today was Philadelphia, I'd been there before but the last time I remember being there was in fifth grade, so it was like I'd been there for the first time! We listened to stories (from some very animated storytellers), visited a ton of historical sites, and....actually, I'll just move onto the pictures. :)

The first post office in the United States!

Me, Ben Franklin, David's sister Carolyn and her friend Grace.

Where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were signed.

For lunch we ate at City Tavern, a cute little era restaurant where we drank from pewter goblets and the waitresses dressed up in colonial clothes! Since  I am a major seafood lover I was very much drawn to the "lobster bake." She described it and I wanted it! What I heard was "a pound a half of lobster (I wanted to share with everyone since some people hadn't had it before), clams, mussels, and corn on the cob." What she actually said? "A pound and a half lobster." Holy crap!! I honestly freaked a little when she brought out the plate, I know how to eat a whole crab, but not a whole lobster! I had a lot of fun with it though, and I discovered I was with a bunch of wimps! ;) I guess it takes a kind of person to annihilate seafood.

What was left, it took a little bit of balancing to fit it all! I know, I know, we take a lot of pictures of our food.

We saw so many amazing "vintagey" things, these were some of my favorites.





WANT!!!!!!!!!!


Walking down the oldest street in the country, Elfreth's Alley.

I loved this kitty fountain!! It was right by Besty Ross's house.

David by the Liberty Bell.

To finalize the trip I wanted to get authentic Philly Cheesesteaks from Philly!

Uh-maze-ing!!! (Sorry about more pictures of food...)

4 comments:

Lydia said...

While I can't appreciate the love of the seafood dish (I'm mildly allergic to clams and mussels), I can appreciate your food pictures. As I looked over my pictures from my trip, at least 1/4 of them were of the food I ate.

Aaron and Megan said...

I love blog posts like this! So don't worry about posting them. I haven't been in Philly since junior high and it was fun to look at your pictures are remember everything I saw!!
Where are you guys living now? (I just followed your link from FB.)

Toni Tralala said...

What a historic place! I can't believe that Philly cheese steak! :O Your plate at the restaurant is stacked! Too bad I'm allergic to seafood. I must see Philly! :)

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

What a FUN trip!!! So jealous! I hope to make it there someday...so much neat history.

Thanks again for sharing these neat pictures. I am really enjoying your blog!!

Kara