Don't forget...

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my new craft blog! http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

8.14.2010

Lace Necklace Shirt

I have a confession...I don't have a style. I really don't. One day I'm all black nail polish and dark eyeliner and the next I'm wearing all pink, lace, and pearls. Sometimes I mix the two, which was the case today.


Ever seen these "necklace" shirts? I think they are really trendy (I have one with a shoe necklace printed on it :D). The style is a bit "punky" and I wanted it to be a little more girly. Enter:

Lace! Then add...

And a $1 t-shirt from the thrift store. This will equal...



One fabulous new shirt! It's only basted right now (sewing machine is still packed) so it's not yet wearable, but I really like it. I left the lace free so it could actually feel like a necklace and added the lace roses to make it even more girly. I LOVE the lace roses.

Aren't they so gorgeous?? I wanted to sew them all over the shirt but I thought that might be a bit much. :) Since the lace and the shirt were both from the thrift store I managed to make the shirt for just a little over a dollar, what a bargain!

 I'm really liking the way it turned out. I can't wait until I machine sew it in place so I can actually wear it!

Linking to the following parties. Click on the buttons to find other great ideas!


Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do








Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up
party!

Photobucket











4 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow! That is so cute. I love the lace and the lace flowers.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Amie,
Awesome! love me some lace :) thanks for leaving me a link on FB!
happy crafting!
Linda

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Great idea!

I featured you here:
http://firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/2008/08/sunday-spotlight-soys-41-favorites.html

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Congrats on the feature!!! LOVE this shirt!!! :)

Kara