Don't forget...

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my new craft blog! http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

5.30.2010

Pocatello Adventure!

Yesterday, the hubs and I drove down to Pocatello, Idaho, which is the home of the nearest Costco. Pocatello is over an hour away. How sad is that? An hour and 15 minutes to the nearest Costco in the cold, wet, dark, cold, and cold rain. So much for sunny BBQs this Memorial Day weekend!


This was the first time I'd ever actually been to Pocatello, I've driven through a lot, but I've never actually stopped. I was a little bit disappointed, this city is almost twice the population of Idaho Falls (the "big" city near us) but there really wasn't much there! It was the smallest Costco I've ever been to and that mall was so pathetic I wanted to cry! I think the funnest (I'm petitioning for that to be a word) part of the trip was just exploring the city. Most of the interesting murals and store names were gone too fast for me to get a picture.

On the way back the hubs was nice enough to let me spend way too much time in Joanns. Anyone else take advantage of the 5 for $5 Simplicity patterns? I think having some new ones will help me get over my phobia becuse after all, the more choices you have, the more likely you are to succeed! (Oh, wait, I think that applies to dieting. I heard it during a Special K commercial.) My mom sent me some extra coupons so I walked outta the store only $20 poorer. I was very proud of myself.

I got the green polka dots to make the dress on the top right, I also figured that if I actually had the fabric to make something, I would do it! (Hey, I'm trying here!)

I also got these for a "secret" project that I will be conducting after I finish this post. What could I possibly be doing? Hmmmm.....

To top off the evening, we went to Olive Garden for a romantic dinner. (My mom also sent me a gift card, isn't she great?) See that onion dangling off his spoon? He kept it there the whole time he was eating his soup, insisting that it was "spoon decor." I love him. :D

What did you do this weekend?

No comments: